Read more about Spire's response to the coronavirus pandemic
How you can help
If you'd like to help other customers impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, start by giving $1 a month to DollarHelp.
If you need help
Energy assistance is available for those impacted by the coronavirus. See your options and apply for help.
At Spire, safety is at the heart of what we do. And during this time of uncertainty, we're working extra hard to take good care of employees, customers and communities.
Our goal is to keep everyone safe while continuing to provide the same safe, reliable and clean energy you're used to enjoying. We're following the CDC's recommendations and watching closely as things evolve. Take a closer look at how we're supporting Spire employees and communities.
To make sure homes and businesses have access to safe, reliable and clean energy, we've suspended disconnections and late fees into May 2020.
We're here to provide energy relief for homes and small businesses that need help, and to support local food banks across the communities we serve.
We're encouraging all employees to limit travel, work from home and practice social distancing at all times in the field.
We're an essential service, know that we're here to provide you with the energy you need to shelter in place safely.
As your local natural gas provider, we've been closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus events across the communities we serve—because we believe nothing is more important than your safety and the safety of Spire employees.
Because ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and communities is at the heart of what we do, we've suspended disconnects and late fees into May for residential and business customers.
If you're impacted by the coronavirus and need help with your natural gas service or bill, don't worry. Contact us. We're in this together, and we're here to help.
If you have an appointment or natural gas emergency, we're encouraging our technicians to maintain social distancing of at least six feet at all times.
To protect our communities and prevent the spread of COVID-19, we're encouraging Spire employees to do the following:
- Limit travel
- Work from home when possible
- Restrict visitors
- Follow the CDC's guidance for personal travel and ask that any employee who has visited a restricted area check in with their supervisor before returning to work
Let's work together and keep these hygiene best practices in mind:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are unavailable
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then immediately throw that tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces